Thursday, October 1, 2009

Wednesday’s Finds

Yesterday Katy and I took a little trip to St. Martin and St. Landry Parishes.  In  Breaux Bridge at Something Old Something new I found a sweet little sugar dish in the violet/gold rim set that I love.  ( I forgot it in her truck so no pic)  At Bayou Town I found 4 pink depression glass goblets to extend my colletion to 13.  These glasses look lovely with the  white and pink dishes Normand got me for Christmas last year.

After leaving Bayou Town we drove over a block or so and had lunch at Cafe Des Amis.  For starters we had a divine cup of seafood and corn bisque with the most yummy tender french bread.  For our entree we each decided to get an appetizer Katy got the eggplant wheels over a scrumptious creamy crawfish au-gratin and I got crawfish cornbread over a creole crawfish etoufee.  Divine and huge portions let me tell ya.   Please forgive us for not taking pictures of the food.  I guess we were just to hungry to think of it. Then we took ourselves to the shop across from St. Bernard's Catholic Church where I  Katy found a cute ball jar with a glass.  She said it would be a great container for me put a little sumthin sumthin in for her.

We then drove north to Arnaudville to the St. Therese Wednesday garage sale.  Where I found a few cute apothecary jars to add to my collection.

Then we decided that since we were in the area we should just drive on down to Grand Coteau and check out the shops there.  We went to the Kitchen Shop and browsed around and looked at all the lovely things there.  I picked up a Pumpkin Cranberry Scone mix.  I can’t wait to try it.   We then strolled on over to Creola Cafe and had the most scrumptious Pecan Apple Caramel Pie with vanilla ice cream.  Oh so good.  Oh so full.  Good Company, Good Day.  Thanks Katy for letting me tag along.

pictures 281

No comments:

Post a Comment