Sunday, September 20, 2009

Baking Day

I woke up Friday morning in the mood to bake. Sooo I looked around the pantry to see what I could come up with and decided to make Pear Cake, German Chocolate Cookies, Chewy Chocolate Walnut Cookies and Chocolate Chip Cookies.


Keepin it real. I'm a very messy cook.


The cookies are delicious. The Chocolate Chewy ones were the big hit. I love the German Chocolate ones with just a little coconut.

I love how the pear cake came out. Very heavy and fall tasting. My family is happy all of the cookie jars are full.

Happy Fall Y'all


Pear Cake

1 1/2 c vegetable oil
2 c. sugar
2 eggs
Mix well. Add:
3 c. finely chopped, peeled canning pears
1 c pecans
3 c flour
1 t soda
1 t salt
1 t apple pie spice
2 t vanilla
Mix well. The batter is very very heavy.
Bake at 300 degrees until brown (about 40 minutes) in two 9-in pans or 3 8-in pans. You may also use a tube pan for this cake. The tube pan will take considerably longer check it every 10 minutes after the first 40 minutes.
Recipe adapted from and Apple Cake Recipe in Talk About Good

No comments:

Post a Comment